SEND Information Report
For all enquiries relating SEND, please contact the school office and ask for the SEND Leader, Miss Glindon.
|“The SEND provision at Viewley Hill Academy is a strength of the school; it underpins everything they do and ensures that every child is advocated for by all staff…..Viewley Hill Academy is a truly inclusive environment.” – SEND review, 2018.|
- How does our school identify that children have special educational needs and/or disabilities? (SEND)
- What are the first steps school will take if SEND are identified?
- What should parents/carers do if they think their child has SEND? How can you raise concerns?
- What intervention is available to children?
- How will our school involve children in the assessment process?
- How will our school teach and support children with SEND?
- What expertise does the school and our staff have in relation to SEND?
- How does our school ensure that information about a child’s SEND or EHC plan is shared and understood by teachers and all relevant staff who come into contact with your child?
- How will our school include parents and the child in planning support?
- What access do our children with SEND have to facilities and extra-curricular activities?
- How is the different provision delivered in our school?
- What role will your child’s teacher play in the additional provision?
- Which other services do we use to provide for and support our children?
- How will parents/carers be kept informed of engagement in additional provision whilst it is ongoing?
- How does our school encourage parents/carers to become involved in the additional provision?
- Who will be talking with and keeping in touch with the parent/carer?
- How do we assess and evaluate the provision we have arranged for your child?
- How does our school plan transition for children with SEND?